Morocco has so many facets, from sweeping, majestic, landscapes to absorbing and intoxicating cities. This itinerary showcases the best of Morocco and is ideally suited to those seeking to go on a “journey” through the country’s stunningly-varied landscapes. It’s a journey that requires you to have a thirst for discovery, and its fast pace and long distances makes it recommended for adventurous travellers who want to see as much as possible in a short period of time. The itinerary offers cultural experiences at every turn, plus the best of Morocco’s natural environment, from the Sahara Desert to the High Atlas and Middle Atlas Mountains, with the Imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez and Marrakech also featuring. It’s hard to imagine a more complete trip, anywhere in the world, given the variety of experiences and environments.
The journey starts and finishes in Casablanca and fits in with flights from the US. Here, time permitting, you may consider visiting the second largest mosque in the world, prior to continuing to Rabat, the country’s capital. After visiting the main sites of Rabat, the Imperial city of Meknes and the Roman Ruins of Volubilis await en route to the country’s most fascinating ancient city, Fez, where you will stay in the heart of the walled city for two nights. The next day is spent exploring before a full day journey takes you from the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas to the Saharan sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. Here you will enjoy a sunset camel trek and night under the stars in a comfortable Saharan camp, before a two day journey takes you into the highest mountains in North Africa. Following a day’s walking in spectacular scenery, the last two nights are spent in the country’s most celebrated city – Marrakech.
– Arrive Casablanca, meet English-speaking driver and transfer to Rabat for overnight stay in riad accommodation.
– Half day city visit in Rabat, afternoon transfer to Fez via Meknes and Volubilis. Two nights in Fez in a riad.
– Half day visit to the Fez medina, overnight in Fez.
– Full day journey through the Middle Atlas Mountains and Ziz Gorge to the highest dunes in Morocco at Erg Chebbi. Sunset camel trek and overnight at a desert camp.
– Follow the gorges routes along the south side of the High Atlas Mountains to Skoura and stay in a stylish guesthouse for the night.
– Journey to Ait Benhaddou, up the Ounila Valley and over the High Atlas Mountains and into the Toubkal National Park for a two night stay in a mountain guesthouse.
– Visiting the region and hiking with a guide. Overnight in the mountains.
– Transfer to Marrakech for a two night stay in a choice of a wide range of accommodation.
– Day exploring the city with optional activities such as cookery workshop, ballooning, quad biking. Overnight in Marrakech.
– Transfer to Casablanca airport for onward travel.
Prices from £1295 per person based on two travelling.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please note that this itinerary is our suggestion. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com to discuss your exact requirements.