Taghazoute is a tiny fishing village just north of Agadir which has some of the best waves in North Africa pounding onto its shores. It’s a surfers’ Mecca, but if you don’t fancy taking to the waves there is still plenty to keep you busy. Alice Morrison took a weekend to get together her top ten tips for what to do in Taghazoute.
1. Surf. Even if you have never stood on a board before, it is worth giving it a go. Surf guides and surfing lessons for all abilities are available from Surf Maroc, just along the main street.
2. Do a yoga session on the terrace at L’Auberge The picture above was taken from the roof top. It is a cool place to stay too. White washed walls and bright blue shutters.
3. Eat some fish. It is fresh off the boats and it would be rude not to. I’d recommend Paradis Plage
4. Gallop through the waves on a magnificent white horse as the sun goes down. If you walk or drive a bit further on from Taghazoute town centre, there are lots of options on the long beaches.
5. Grow some dreads. Admittedly, you will have to make it quite a long stay to do that, but if you want to fit in…..
6. Buy some art. The little suq has some nice, bright paintings by local artists, that are reasonably priced and will bring sunlight and sea into your living room, when it is time to go back to the rain and cold.
7. Sing along with the guy who roams the seafront with a guitar. Catch him early in the evening as by about nine, generous whistle-wetting has impaired his tunefulness a little.
8. Adopt a kitten. They hang out around the fish stalls and are plump and pretty and very ready to play.
9. Go for a run along the beach. The beaches really are endless and the sand is just the right side of firm to give you a proper workout. Best of all, at the end you can plunge into the water for a cool down.
10. Round off your day by eating at Josephine’s. It is a truly charming French restaurant owned by two equally charming French ladies, who decided to leave the rat race behind and settle in paradise.
https://epicmorocco.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/image4.jpeg654872superherohttps://epicmorocco.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo.pngsuperhero2016-06-16 15:31:562017-04-04 15:59:57Ten things to try in Taghazoute